Egress Doors and Windows
We are a Bilco Brand Authorized Dealer with expert installation!
Fun Fact!! Bilco Doors and Windows are just a brand of below grade entry doors and windows. There are many other brands out there however, they are a quality product that we do endorse and use almost exclusively.
Benefits of Egress Doors
- Safe access
- Save money on utility bills by using as alternative access
- Increases home value
What to look for in a Quality Door
- Name brand for ease of replacement parts
- Quality finish to avoid common rusting
- Ventilation grid / vent with screen for animals. Should be closeable for winter months yet open to allow moisture to escape during summer
- Kinetic prefers plastic Egress doors due to harsh climate of the Northeast. These are made with a maintenance free design which never needs paint and never rust.
Egress Door Installation and what to look for:
This is how Kinetic Basement Solutions installs every Egress door:
No prefabricated concrete wedges, these types of egress doors are full of problems, such as water issues and separation from the rest of the foundation. Kinetic installs a new footing, French Drain style drains and H&C brand waterproof coating to all masonry below ground level. We at Kinetic also install center drains in our egress door foundations and tie inside subfloor drains from your home to the egress area. Water and moisture problems are non-existent in Kinetic built foundations.